About the area
Breasclete is a crofting village by the shores of Loch Roag on the west coast of the island of Lewis in the Hebrides and is approximately 18 miles from Stornoway the main town on Lewis and 40 miles from Tarbert, the main town on Harris. The Hebridean holiday cottage is perfectly located for exploring both Lewis and Harris and is only a 5 min drive from the famous standing stones at Calanais and the Broch at Doune Carloway.
- Stunning beaches close by
- Standing stones at Calanais 1.5 miles
- Post office with cash machine, small shop and Visitor Centre in Callanish (1.5 miles) with cafe serving light snacks teas and coffees and gift shop selling local arts and crafts.
- petrol station and shop at Lochs Services in Leurbost (11 miles)
- hotel with restaurant and lounge bar (4 miles)
- Stornoway is the main town on the island of Lewis where you will find 2 large supermarkets, and smaller local shops such as butchers, fishmongers, bakeries, newsagents and florist shops. There are also a variety of restaurants, cafes, bars, pharmacies, banks and gift/craft shops.
There are also a range of tea rooms, art galleries and craft shops throughout the islands.
Click here for travel directions and map